Natasha Kottegoda Breden
Counsellor working with Couples, Adolescents and Individuals
Natasha was born and raised in the UK and for the past 25 years, she has lived and worked in many diverse, international locations bringing a truly global perspective to her work. She holds a Master’s Degree in Counselling from Monash University in Australia, and a Bachelor of Sciences Degree from the University of Birmingham, UK.
– Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
-Provisional Clinical Member of the Singapore Association for Counselling (SAC)
– Associate Member of the International Mental Health Professional of Japan (IMPJ)
-International Member of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
Working with Couples: Repairing and improving relationships to build trust and commitment
Natasha helps couples to communicate better and repair their relationships to build a brighter future with common goals and shared values. She uses Gottman couples training, schema therapy and CBT techniques to open up the couples to make significant shifts in their self-awareness and understanding of their relationship needs.
Working with adults/individual therapy: A Life of Fulfillment, Living by Your Values
Natasha has helped clients to overcome mental health issues and life struggles by looking at their present thoughts and behaviours and examining their past history and family dynamics. Teaching valuable skills to enable individuals to give up their battle with negative thoughts and behaviours and concentrate instead on building a life with true meaning and value.
Key areas of focus are but not limited to:
– Depression, Anxiety, stress and Low Self-Esteem
– Grief and Loss
– Relationship or Marriage Dysfunction
– Creating Personal Boundaries
– Dealing with overarching Control and Perfectionism
– Creative Loss and Motivation
– Expat family transition and cultural integration
Working with Adolescents: Building Resilience in Young People
As a Personal Counsellor at an International School, Natasha has helped young people discover a true sense of themselves and their values and taught them strategies to cope with life’s many challenges: Whether it be coping with erratic or low moods, new skills to improve difficult relationships, coping with family trauma and breakup, attachment issues from childhood, cultural integration into a new school or new country or issues of identity and sexuality. Her therapy sessions are tailored specifically to meet the individual needs of your child.
Further experience and her approach
-Natasha’s professional training also includes 15 years of corporate expertise in business, recruitment, and Human Resources from the UK where she was involved in coaching and advising senior executives on how to reach their full potential in the workplace.
-Natasha has experience of working and living in many different international communities which enables her to be sensitive and responsive to cross-cultural differences, tapping into alternative, long-lasting motivational strategies for change. From this, she has gained insight and first-hand experience of being an expatriate and moving her young family between 6 different countries having to adapt to new and complex cultures, contrasting educational systems, new friends and with each move, a different life from before.
-Natasha truly understands what change means and the challenges and rewards that it can bring. “I am thoroughly invested in all my clients and care deeply about the outcome of each of my sessions. I want to help people make a positive change in their lives. As Carl Jung said, “there is no recipe for living that suits all cases,” and I uphold this principle by tailoring my work to best suit the individual.
“I use theoretical concepts and knowledge, combined with an open, friendly, and holistic approach to maximize my connection with those that I help. We only have one life, let me help you make it your best life!”
– Couples Therapy Gottman training (Level 1 and 2) from the Gottman Institute
– CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) specialist training in depression and anxiety from the Beck Institute
– Multiple certifications in ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) for adults and adolescents from Psychwire
– Schema Therapy training (Level 1 and 2)
– Solution Focused Therapy Certification
– Life Coaching certification from the Coach Training Institute (CTI)
– Diploma in NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
– Experienced in motivational interviewing, mindfulness interventions and professional coaching.
Natasha has a great curiosity about people and what constitutes culture, this has inspired her to live and work in diverse countries throughout Europe, Asia, and the US. She also loves playing tennis, reading, playing bridge and hanging with her teenage kids, preferably on a beach!